:: BïtS 'N' PiëCÉS ::

domenica, giugno 27, 2004

:: Day 5 - The New Territories ::

Today’s the last day in HK! We’re gonna explore the New Territories today and guess what, we have Sandra and her Mum along, that’s quite fun lah. Haha… I bet they had a real eye-opener, saw four very very dead people, at 930am in the morning! Haha… is that possible? So early yet so tired! Haha… plus we had Macs breakfast, courtesy of KH who managed to buy us brekky at record speed given his indepth knowledge of the back alleys of TST. Haha… wey, where’s my egg in my sausage and egg muffin? (evil sideway glance at KH…) Anyway, our first stop was Wong Tai Sin Temple, (tt’s Taoist I think), you can lok chiam there and get it analysed (tt’s what KH did) and you can get your palm read too, but at the cost of 300HKD. Hahaha so tempting but I boh liu. Haiz…

Next stop was Sha Tin, where we decided to brave the 400 or more steps in order to reach the 10,000 Buddha Monastery located on top of a hill. The walk was better than I expected, from what Sandra and her Mum said, I thought it would be like the Great Wall of China or something like that, but it wasn’t too bad. I think it would have been much easier if I wasn’t that worn out from my previous days’ exploits. Ha! The climb was worth it, both sides of the stairway are lined with gold paint covered statues of monks in various postures. It’s quite interesting, even more if we have the time to read the inscription at the base of each statue. At the end of our climb we were rewarded with a spectacular monastery, it’s not that big but it’s really beautiful! It’s unforgettable, truly! Many other statues there, in great details and the atmosphere there is just so peaceful, so calm and one really feels at peace with oneself. KH was really gian about climbing even higher (which was possible) but the road was closed due to ‘dangerous slopes’. Well, I remember reading somewhere that to have reached the monastery at that level meant ‘you3 yuan2’ it’s pretty interesting and I believe quite a lot in ‘yuan2 fen4’. I wouldn’t equate that to destiny, but more of how much destiny you ‘share’ with the other person or thing. Bit hard to express myself. (lol, so paiseh, I’m watching ‘the 2 towers’ now lah) Finally, covered with sweat (as if we’d just had a shower) we descended. Lol… and I had all the luck to step on a pile of shit! Dunno what shit, but looks more fantastic and smellier than the pile on Sandra’s display picture. Euw!!! Haha but nvm, let’s just take it as a good omen, one that heralds a windfall! Yeah! LOLZ…

Final stop was Tai Po, to visit the much acclaimed, much talked-about Wishing Tree. I was utterly utterly disappointed! Haiz… I thought the tree would be much older, much larger, with hanging roots (I thought it was a banyan tree so should have right?) and the hanging wishes more colourful… Haha… YL was like: wey not colourful enuff meh? Got red, gold, yellow… haha… well but everytime I see this wishing tree scene in dramas it’s so much more colourful. Can take a look at the recent trailer of a Taiwanese show featuring one of the F4s, it’s so beautiful and with red hangings… ha! Don’t expect to see this in real life! Well, none of us made any wish too. Haha, I wouldn’t mind but I don’t think I could have survived the humiliation of not being able to get my wish on the tree. It’s not as easy as it sounds or looks, u see.

Well after the sightseeing we went our separate ways with Sandra and her Mum, they went off to The Festival Walk while we went off for our lunch. Post-lunch, KH went to do his last-minute souvenir shopping in TST and to look for this rare surgery book written by an Indian while us three girls went to Lai Chee Kok to shop more! Haha, it’s more worth it to shop there, had I known that the factory outlets would be like this, I would have zoomed there on my first day instead of wasting too much time in Granville and those other shops. For one, the things there are much cheaper, the fashion is not too bad and there are sooo many shops there! It makes it v compact to shop. Hahaha…

Met up with KH in time for dinner, and we had our final dinner at a typical roadside eatery. We all had the foods we were craving for, or very gian to try. So KH has braised goose, YL had you2 ji1, I had roast chicken and LL had roast goose AND her pigeons. Lol… fr their disgusted expressions, I guess the pigeons weren’t up to standard. The roast goose was super un-meaty and super fatty. My chicken was just nice, perfect! Haha… I still like chicken compared to all other meats. Heh heh heh… Sedap! Mmmmm… the best part came when we had to pay the bill, we used SO MANY coins lor.. and YL was like, no way, not my coins, not gonna help you carry ‘em to the counter for payment. I was thinking, sure kena black looks fr the owner. Haha… all becuz of LL lor… she paid for the entire 58HKD in COINS! Sheesh… luckily the lady boss was very nice about it all! Hahaha…

Well, then it was back to the hotel to pack up and stuff… yeah and spend our last night. Sure was damn freaky leh! Oh yeah and one funny thing, YL was going to toilet in the dark so we hard lots of climbing over pple and crawling then one ‘bam’ and one ‘ouch’. Anyway, back to the freaky incident, suddenly, while we three gals were BOB (bonding over bed), the toilet light came ON! (it’s not those auto operated sensor light, it’s manually controlled) initially they thought someone forgot to switch it off after using it, or perhaps it came fr the lift lobby, but no lor… I was very near to both the door and toilet and I know that it just came on mysteriously, I was hoping that I wouldn’t have to go switch it off. HENG manz, cuz it went off mysteriously in around 5 min. phew! This reminds me of the really really scary dream I had on my first night there but I shan’t write about it here, just thinking about it gives me the creeps!

Dopey @ 12:00 AM | 0 comments

about me


francesca chiu
2 eyebags & 5 wrinkles
on long-term dormicum drip
KIV IMH
icq: 58631104
more...
Español
EJournals

Free Counter
Cortislim

taggie


Epidemiology
SEER
IARC
Classification
WHO
AFIP
Staging
AJCC
UICC
Treatment
NCI
NCCN

links

Navigation
Emedicine
MuggerLand
"Survivor"
Blogarama
Blog Directory
Rice Bowl Journals
Technorati Profile

archives

aprile 2004
maggio 2004
giugno 2004
luglio 2004
agosto 2004
settembre 2004
ottobre 2004
novembre 2004
dicembre 2004
gennaio 2005
febbraio 2005
marzo 2005
aprile 2005
maggio 2005
giugno 2005
luglio 2005
agosto 2005
settembre 2005
ottobre 2005