:: BïtS 'N' PiëCÉS ::

giovedì, dicembre 09, 2004

:: the 'orthopaedically-challenged' family ::

i think there're some congenital deformities in my family. my mum and i BOTH have some form of toe drift that increases over the years. the drift causes the 2nd toe to drift medially and the 3rd toe to drift laterally, resulting in a larger-than-normal gap between the 2nd and 3rd toes.

dasde says i've got early hallux rigidus, before he proceeded to snicker a bit... lolz... and the patient immediately told me with a pained expression - 'don't go get as osteotomy like me'.

after seeing so many flat feet in the clinic, i've come to realise that i might be a bit flatter on the right foot though i still have a medial arch. it's also a flexible kind of flat foot. eh, wonder if i have an accessory navicular... i think it's possible since a few weeks ago, i noticed a smallish swelling with slight tenderness on the medial aspect of my foot, right over the navicular tuberosity! lolz, i hope i dun kena post tibialis tendinitis in the future!

in addition, i have more or less generalised ligament laxity, evidenced by my ability to flex my wrist until my thumb touches the forearm, to bend my fingers backwards, and a possible bilateral anterior drawer test of the ankle. plus, i've sprained my right ankle >3 times a year, and this according to dasde, IS quite a lot! anyway, many other gals like lax-jointed too! and it's fun to perform such acrobatics in front of others... actually i think it's because of this manipulative and psychotic personality that i've made my joints more lax recently...

wonder whether my brother and i have tight tendon archilles or not, cuz when we were young, we tip-toed instead of walked... even now, when i don't wear shoes, i feel more comfortable tip-toeing that walking flat!

i tried to do the ortolani and barlow's test for congenital dislocation of the hip on YT today and gasp, suffered a vicious kick in my chin! x_x anyway served me right, went to poke a sleeping dragon!

Dopey @ 6:25 PM | 0 comments

about me


francesca chiu
2 eyebags & 5 wrinkles
on long-term dormicum drip
KIV IMH
icq: 58631104
more...
Español
EJournals

Free Counter
Cortislim

taggie


Epidemiology
SEER
IARC
Classification
WHO
AFIP
Staging
AJCC
UICC
Treatment
NCI
NCCN

links

Navigation
Emedicine
MuggerLand
"Survivor"
Blogarama
Blog Directory
Rice Bowl Journals
Technorati Profile

archives

aprile 2004
maggio 2004
giugno 2004
luglio 2004
agosto 2004
settembre 2004
ottobre 2004
novembre 2004
dicembre 2004
gennaio 2005
febbraio 2005
marzo 2005
aprile 2005
maggio 2005
giugno 2005
luglio 2005
agosto 2005
settembre 2005
ottobre 2005